The Native Women’s Association is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to assist in guiding us forward. If you think you are this person, we are looking for you.
The Executive Director reports directly to the President and Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall management of the Native Women’s Association of the NWT. Qualifications, knowledge and experience would be attained by a degree in Business Management and/or Public Administration; experience would include 3 to 5 years’ working in a non-profit organization with progressive experience in finance, human resource and office management.
1. Three to five years administrative experience in non-profit organization
a. Experience with financial management.
b. Project coordination and administration, and
c. Administrative experience supervising staff
2. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills,
3. Knowledge on writing proposals and follow through,
4. Experience working under Board direction,
5. Proven ability to work independently,
6. Must be flexible, willing and able to change with new administrations
7. Ability to speak a second language would be an asset
8. Valid driver’s license
9. Complete a criminal record check
Permanent employment in this position is being offered upon continued funding and employee performance evaluation. Salary is based on qualifications and experience. A job description is available upon request. Equivalencies will be considered.
Please apply to:
Closing date: Friday, March 11, 2023 5:00 pm
Address cover letter to NWANWT Executive Committee
Send applications to:
All candidates will be considered, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. An eligibility list will be created for other employment opportunities.
Office Located 5114 49th Street