The Native Women’s of Canada (NWAC) provides employment and training support services to Indigenous women across Canada since the previous Aboriginal Human Resource Development Agreement (AHRDA) program.
The NWAC ISETS program is delivered throughout Canada in partnership with the Provincial Territorial Membership Associations (PTMAs) who provide the program at the regional level. ISETS Coordinators are available in the Regional offices to provide direct client services. At the national level, NWAC provides the support to the regions through the overall coordination and administration of ISETS.
Indigenous women looking for
employment and training support services can receive:
- access to labour market information
- use of computers and phones (in most areas)
- a complete service needs assessment;
- funding for training and upgrading (based on eligibility, assessment, approval and availability of funds);
- referral to other employment agencies or support organizations.
The goal of the employment and training program is to provide Aboriginal women with specific services that directly support their long-term employment goals. Employment and training supports provided to Aboriginal women through the ISETS program, must focus on labour market demand driven priorities.
The three priorities of ISETS as identified by ESDC are:
- Support demand driven skills development
- Fostering partnerships
- Emphasis on accountability and results
The types of ISETS programs available to NWAC clients are based on individual needs, as well as community need reflecting regional realities.
- Individual training purchases (ITP)
- Job creation partnership (JCP)
- Self-employment benefits (SEB)
- Targeted wage subsidy (TWS)
- Group/Community Training (GCT)
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Indigenous women (First Nation, Metis or Inuit)
- Individuals seeking funding support must be unemployed, under-employed, or can demonstrate immediate risk of becoming unemployed.
- Clients who successfully completed a training intervention, and decide (for reasons unrelated to labour market) to change field/occupation, will not be considered for additional funding until they have made reasonable use of their skills in the labour market. Clients must demonstrate they carried out an active job search between one intervention and new application.
To apply for the ISETS program:
Simply fill -in our sign-up form
and drop it off at our office.
(867) 873-5509 Ext. 223
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org